Monday 26 September 2011

Look what I found!

I am a bit, ok very, pleased about my little find today!

I am not sure if it is the geek in me or because the fact I have always wanted to be a writer and I love everything and anything linked to writing, ether way I LOVE this!

I found a vintage 1960's Lilliput Typewriter in the case, with original instructions and spare ribbon in the cutest of tins for just £5.00!

If you are an expert in anything typewriter related and I got ripped off, please don't tell me (well do) but I really think I didn't and found a gem.

Take a look!





I think I want to collect more...yes I do...no idea where I would put them all and I would not use them all but I don't care...I want them.

I am off to tap some keys!!

7 comments:

  1. I miss the old typewriters.

    The only one I knew who still had one was my grammie, and I'm sure it's long gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. Where did you get it, it's lovely.

    I have nice old things like a BT746 telephone, and an old Singer sewing machine in a case. Neither of these will will appeal quite so much on a literary front though, perhaps....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Gorgeous find! And I love the case too! I miss rotary dial telephones...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it in a charity shop, with books on top of it and I knew I had to have it!

    We have a old singer too, that is really nice! I would love a old dial telephone too. I like to mix the old retro with the modern, like Cath Kidston.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm somewhat allergic to the modern world, though I findher of the Tesco bag fame quite alluring...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Chris, what do you mean?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought one of her bags once for my mum... Cath Kidston's bags that is... she's known for supplying them to Tesco, and quite pleasant they are too!

    ReplyDelete

Nothing better then waking up to a smashing comment to read...